Aluminium double glazed windows are a type of window that consists of two panes of glass separated by a sealed air space. The two panes of glass are separated by a spacer bar, which is filled with a desiccant to absorb moisture. The entire assembly is then sealed to create an insulating layer that helps to reduce heat loss and improve energy efficiency.
Aluminium is the most common material used for the frame of double glazed windows because of its strength, durability, and low maintenance requirements. Aluminium frames are also available in a variety of colors and styles, making it easy to find a window that fits with the design of your property.
What are the Different Types of Aluminium Double Glazed Windows
- Sliding Windows: Sliding windows have sashes that move horizontally, providing a smooth and easy-to-use opening mechanism.
- Casement Windows: Casement windows have hinged frames that open outwards, providing excellent ventilation and natural light.
- Awning Windows: Awning windows are hinged at the top and open outwards, providing ventilation while keeping rain and wind out.
- Tilt-and-Turn Windows: Tilt-and-turn windows can be opened either inwards for ventilation or at the top for improved security.
- Bay Windows: Bay windows consist of several windows arranged in a curved formation, providing a unique and stylish design.
- Picture Windows: Picture windows are large, fixed windows that provide an unobstructed view of the outside.
- Custom Windows: Custom windows can be designed to meet specific requirements and match the style of your home.
These are some of the most popular types of double glazed aluminum windows available. Each type provides different benefits and features, so it’s important to choose the right type of window for your home based on your specific needs and preferences.
What are the Benefits of Aluminium Double Glazed Windows?
Aluminium double glazed windows have many benefits that make them a popular choice for both residential and commercial properties. Some of the main benefits include:
- Energy Efficiency: Aluminium double-glazed windows have a tight seal between the two panes of glass, which helps to reduce heat loss in winter and heat gain in summer. This can help to improve the overall energy efficiency of a building and lower energy bills.
- Durability: Aluminium is a strong and durable material that can withstand the elements and maintain its appearance for many years. Aluminium double-glazed windows are also resistant to corrosion and do not rot, warp, or rust.
- Noise Reduction: The double glazing in aluminum windows helps to reduce noise from outside, making them ideal for homes located near busy roads or in noisy areas.
- Low Maintenance: Aluminium windows require very little maintenance and are easy to clean. They do not require painting, staining, or sealing, and the finish is scratch resistant.
- Security: Aluminium double-glazed windows are difficult to break and are equipped with locking systems that provide an additional level of security.
- Aesthetics: Aluminium windows are available in a range of colors and styles, making it easy to find a solution that fits with the design of your building.
- Eco-Friendly: Aluminum is a sustainable material that can be recycled, and energy-efficient windows help to reduce carbon emissions.
Overall, aluminum double-glazed windows offer a combination of energy efficiency, durability, low maintenance, security, and aesthetic appeal that make them a popular choice for modern buildings.
How to Use a New double-glazed aluminium window on Your Property
Using a new double-glazed aluminum window on your property is simple. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your new window:
- Open and Close: To open the window, simply turn the handle or lift it. To close the window, lower it down and turn the handle to lock it in place.
- Cleaning: Clean the window regularly to keep it looking its best. You can clean the glass with soap and water, and use a soft cloth to wipe down the aluminum frame.
- Locking: Make sure to lock your window whenever you leave the room or go to bed at night. This will help to keep your home secure.
- Adjusting: If you notice any drafts or if the window is difficult to open or close, you may need to adjust the hinges or replace the weather stripping.
- Energy Efficiency: To maximize energy efficiency, keep the window closed during cold weather and open it during warm weather to allow fresh air to circulate. You can also use curtains or blinds to control the amount of light and heat that enters the room.
By following these simple tips, you can get the most out of your new double-glazed aluminum window and enjoy a more comfortable, secure, and energy-efficient home.