A romantic dinner at home can be a wonderful way to spend the evening with your significant other or spouse. Despite not going to a fancy restaurant with some planning, a good, meal, and nice drinks, such as an absolut espresso martini you can have a night that’s as memorable as any night out on the town. Before starting to cook your meal you should plan out the evening to ensure you and your partner have a good time.
Planning a Romantic Dinner at Home
- Pick The Right Drink: wine is a beverage closely associated with romantic outings. If you and your partner enjoy the wine, you can match a nice red or white wine with your meal depending on what you are eating. If you don’t care for wine, other options such as mixed drinks, beer, or other beverages are fine. Above all your drinks should be something you both enjoy.
- The Meal: you can lay out a complete meal by selecting a proper appetizer, main course, and dessert. A good appetizer starts the meal off right and can allow time for your main course to finish cooking if needed. An appetizer should be fun, light, and easy to eat. These can be simple dishes such as chips or fancier dishes such as deviled eggs. With your main course, this is dependent on your skill with cooking and the time you have to prepare it. You may want to avoid harder-to-prepare dishes or foods that are messy to eat. A good dessert should be something easy to enjoy that you have room for after eating two courses. With dessert, buying a pre-made cake or some cupcakes could be exactly what you need.
- Have a Backup Plan: with cooking, things can easily go wrong even if you’re paying attention. Just in case, it doesn’t hurt to have a frozen pizza or a menu for your favorite local restaurant that delivers. While things more than likely won’t go wrong, having a backup plan in place ensures your evening will go well no matter what happens.
- Where To Eat: depending on your home’s layout, you may have options on where to dine. Your dining room is, of course, a logical choice, but if you have a patio or a backyard garden, these locations can also be considered. Another way to make a meal more romantic is to have it in a location you don’t normally eat at.
- Use Your Best Dishes: if you have fancy dishes, silverware, or crystal glasses, now is the time to make use of them. These items are only used for special occasions and a romantic dinner is certainly a special time.
- Setting The Mood: also be sure to make the atmosphere more romantic. Adding soft music, flowers, and candles can help make the night feel special. You may also want to consider dressing up if it’s fitting. Finally, don’t forget to avoid all distractions and set your cell phone to vibrate.
Some of the most romantic actions are simple ones. While a meal at home may not sound like much at first, by taking the time and taking care to plan it you can have a meal your loved one is sure to remember.